Default features of this model, the convertible bridal overskirt, fully wearable in two colors at any given time!
* 6 full circle tulle layers, it is unlined and translucent of course, but very moderately so due to this being a lot of layers. Worn over Vivian skirt so you can evaluate the sheerness yourself.
* Tulle tie for closure at the slit, which can optionally be on your right, left or front middle. If you choose main side slit on the right, when you flip the overskirt to the inner side, then the slit will be on your left, in order for the train to still be in the middle. If you choose the middle, it will of course always remain there, and if you opt out of the train, then you can just wear the slit part wherever you choose on either side of the overskirt.
* Color shown: main color - light blue, second color - blue (not yet in the color palette). As all tulle is transparent and merges together, of course the blue side appear lighter than what it would be if it didn't have light blue underneath, and light blue appears darker than what it would be without blue underneath. This also creates beautiful ombre like dimensional colors. It is also important to be aware of the tulle transparency, if you choose main color white, and second color black - your white will appear more like a greyish tinted white, and the black will also have sheerness to it, but he effect will be stunning nonetheless, just don't expect true saturated colors on either side due to the natural features of tulle.
* The overskirt is tie-able, can be formed into a bow, a knot, tied multiple times around your waist with ends tucked in and hidden completely - it is up to the wearer, how you tie it. The tie part will be the same as your chosen main color, and a separate tulle belt will be added in second color, so you can wear the convertible overskirt in as many as four ways total: all main color, main color belt + second color bottom, all second color, main color skirt with second color belt.
* Features a train 55cm/22" train, we can do default as pictured or custom create a train to cover your dress train. No train is of course also always an option.
Slightly longer train for this piece (up to 30"/77cm) is on us, but we would ask for an extra in case it's requested to be longer than that.
We have done an IGTV video to show the whole conversion process from second color to main color - takes less than a minute! See it over here: https://www.instagram.com/tv/CGCbV0NAVSz/
Works wonderfully over slim fit skirts or dresses, such as: Iris, Indra, Una, Vivian (photographed over it), Julianne, Josephine, Oria, Laurel, Josephine, Morgana, Yona or even Aiko for an extra ooomph during the ceremony or photo shoot. Also perfect for any other wedding dress you may already have, especially if it's a sheath, mermaid or a slimmer A line design. A great way to add just a touch of color to any dress, skirt, pants, jumpsuit or shorts.
Love this whole look? The Maris overskirt is photographed and filmed over our Vivian skirt: https://www.etsy.com/listing/678798945/vivian-high-low-bridal-skirt-with-a?ref=shop_home_active_24&frs=1 and top: https://www.etsy.com/listing/678786483/vivian-satin-crop-top-bridal-crop-top?ref=shop_home_active_4&frs=1&crt=1 and the topper is Willow, found over here: https://www.etsy.com/listing/878029595/willow-leaf-lace-bridal-topper-leaves?ref=shop_home_active_4&frs=1
We would be needing these measurements from you and here are the instructions on how to take them: https://www.wardrobebydulcinea.com/post/1015110768346/measurements-guide-for-non-fitted-skirts
If you have any questions about them, please do not hesitate to ask us and we will be there to help you!
All overskirts are made to order and take up to 10 weeks to make. If delivery in 11 weeks is cutting too close or just doesn't work for you, please reach out prior with your deadline so we can see if we can accommodate and meet it.
We accept PayPal, credit cards and many more options that you can find when checking out.
We are using DHL express worldwide - it is a very reliable 2-5 working days shipping service with a step by step tracking system that actually works. Please kindly provide your phone number for the couriers.
Request a cancellation within: 24 hours of purchase
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Even though we make everything to your measurements, please do not be under impression that local alterations are guaranteed to not be needed. That is not at all the case as there are many reasons something does fit just right out of the bag, like: measurements taken incorrectly (we take measures such as asking for measuring photos but even that isn't a 100% foolproof method), measurements change in time due to weight loss or gain, posture related things (open back bodysuits are affected the most), and lastly, of course, we too can make a mistake and if we do we will solve it, here's how to address it:
HOW TO SUBMIT A CLAIM WHEN SOMETHING DOESN'T FIT TO A GREAT EXTENT:
Please contact us within a week post delivery for a solution. A statement "this garment piece doesn't fit" is unfortunately not a claim we can consider. If, for example, your skirt is too short for you, too wide, or too narrow, please kindly measure it, compare it to the measurements you gave us, and if a discrepancy is indeed found, please send us photos that show it (measuring tape around your body, measuring tape across the garment (we are happy to tell you how to measure the garment if you are not sure and need assistance). If we indeed are to blame for the ill fitting garment, beyond the extent of expected nips and tucks on the bodysuit or a tight fitting top we covered before, we will absolutely be of service of solving the problem. We will either pay for alterations on your end, send you a new garment or just a part of it (e.g, new sleeves), take it back to alter ourselves.
An item such as a bodysuit, especially open back one might be somewhat ill fitting right out of the bag regardless of all measurements being correct and it's just nobody's fault, it just requires local alterations. Posture alone is important for those, the arch of the back is important for those - those things can only be assessed during a real life fitting, as well as body asymmetry too. Sometimes brides send us their right and left measurements and they differ greatly - but actually we cannot address that. We will make the garment symmetrical, based on the larger side and the rest should be dealt with locally during a fitting. This is normal and should be expected.
We are always happy to advise on where we think a nip or a tuck should occur on your garment, or how to fix a specific issue (a bunching back, for example), so please ask anytime, send photos and we will provide assistance before you head to the local tailor, so you have some idea on what you're asking for once you get there.
I hope this answers the question what we are and are not liable for in regards of fit and how to address it with us. In any case - we ask you to kindly have your expectations realistic - local alterations should overall be expected when a top is involved in the purchase. Please do account for an extra 200 USD or so for them when purchasing a two piece wedding dress online without a single fitting.
Skirts alone are very unlikely to need alterations, and if they do, it's as simple as taking it in and hemming it. But we do not advise to add "extra for the length just in case", because if you do - you will have to have it hemmed, and some skirts have gorgeous hidden seams or ombre at the bottom and you would be doing it at the expense of those features.
Regarding color matching to items from other shops: the only way to guarantee that we make an exact matching garment (be it ivory, white, or another color) to another garment made elsewhere is to mail us a real life sample or that garment itself, that would safely be returned to you together with it's 100% matching other half. Please do not order our "ivory" to match other shops "ivory" without prior consultation - it is not guaranteed that everyone's "ivory" is the same exact matching shade, everyone may have different ones. The ivory we use is light and sometimes more likely to match another vendors "off white" than a true, deeper, more yellow ivory.